Skip to Content

Change body font size

Inform | Mediate | Advocate

Mobile Food Vendors

New rules came into effect in March 2018 governing the placement of mobile food vans in every council area in South Australia.

Under changes passed by Parliament, each council is required to produce guidelines which set out the permit and location purpose for mobile food vans.

Food businesses who wish to make a complaint about the rules may do so to the Small Business Commissioner. In the first instance efforts will be made to resolve any dispute with discussions between the parties, which may include other food businesses and the local council.

Should that fail, the Small Business Commissioner will follow the dispute resolution procedures which have been set out under the Local Government Act 1999.

The written application may be sent electronically via the Lodge a Dispute Form here, or print the following Application to Lodge a Dispute form -

Application to Lodge a Dispute form (54 kb, PDF)

Send the completed form and copies of supporting documentation to the Office via -

Fax: 08 8303 0943, or 
Post to -

Office of the Small Business Commissioner
GPO Box 1264

If you have any enquiries please contact the Office on Toll Free 1800 072 722 or 08 8303 2026 or use the contact form to send us an e-mail.



Was this page useful to you?

Please include your contact details if you would like us to follow up with you on the issue you have raised. Thank You.