Small Business Friendly Council Workshop
Date: Tuesday, 29th Oct 2019
Location: Noel Lothian Hall, Botanic Garden, Hackney Road, Adelaide
Set in the iconic Adelaide Botanic Gardens, the SBFC workshop will showcase council small business innovations at their best and give your council insights, handy tips and an invaluable networking opportunity. Presentations will be followed by refreshments and canapes.
- Welcome and introduction from John Chapman, Small Business Commissioner
- Ray Smith, GM, NSW Shire of Bland,
- Robert Veitch, General Manager Development and Community & David Cowell, Economic Development Officer, Adelaide Plains Council
- Akarra Klingberg, Coordinator of Business & Economic Development, City of Unley and
- Joanne Davidson,Research and Policy Manager, SA Tourism Commission.
Not to be missed keynote speaker at the October SBFC Workshop will be Ray Smith GM, NSW Shire of Bland, presenting his ‘Bring Flavour to Bland’ campaign. The campaign started out as a ‘tongue in cheek’ attempt to attract visitors to the Bland Shire and ended up reaching an audience of more than 44 million people. Ray is looking forward to sharing his story with other councils and explaining how this quirky campaign became so successful.
Who should attend?
Local council CEO's and relevent staff from participating councils are invited to attend this workshop and networking event. Please share this invitation to relevant personnel who are instrumental in building stronger and more productive relationships between small business and your council.
About the Small Business Friendly Council Initiative
To help build stronger, more productive relatonships between small business and Council, the Office of the Small Business Commissioner (OSBC) has developed the Small Business Friendly Council Initiative. The Initiative aims to recognise Councils that are working to support their small business communities. Read more