To apply for an exemption from the Retail and Commercial Leases Act 1995 (the Act) please email the SASBC email@example.com with your letter of application and supporting documentation.
The application must include:
- a copy of the proposed lease
- background to the application e.g. the negotiations you have had with the proposed lessee, the sort of business the lessee will be operating from the premises
- section/s of the Act from which you are seeking an exemption
- contact details of the other party to the lease
Suggested to also include:
- reasons for the application, as well as specific details of the exemption sought and benefits if the exemption is granted
- a brief letter from the other party advising the Commissioner that they are aware and supportive of the application, and understand what an exemption will mean for them.
If you have any questions please contact our Office on toll free 1800 072 722.